About Your Eligibility for the Program
HER Startup empowers refugee women from diverse backgrounds to launch their very own businesses. The program values diversity and focuses on the inclusion of refugee women within the startup community. We are seeking applicants who are passionate and driven to launch their own business, and have a wide-range of personal and professional experiences. Successful candidates will possess an entrepreneurial mindset as well as a commitment to learn more. Please review our Application Page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you meet the eligibility criteria for the program?
- Participants must identify as a woman
- Participants must be at least 18+ years of age
- Participants must have arrived to Canada as a refugee or have refugee status currently
- Participants must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent education or work experience
- Participants must be able to communicate effectively in English (CLB level is above 6 or higher)
- Participants must not currently be enrolled in another full-time OR part-time program, as this would affect their ability to commit to HER Startup
- The time commitment during the program is between 20 to 25 hours per week, for 6 months. Participants must be able to commit to this schedule for the duration of the program. Mandatory class attendance is required for this program – attendance will be taken.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all training sessions will be held online over Zoom. Participants must have a stable internet connection and have access to their own desktop computer or laptop (no Chromebooks or tablets as they are incompatible with required technologies for the program).