The HER Startup Program is currently recruiting Mentors for the 2022-2023 participant cohort.
As a mentor with the HER Startup Program you will have the opportunity to make a significant difference in the life of a woman refugee by supporting her to launch her own business. The focus for this specific cohort is on developing an online-based business idea that will be featured on the Shopify ecommerce platform.
The participants are currently in the process of developing their business plan which they will pitch to a panel of judges in February/March 2023. Much of your mentoring support will revolve around helping them to develop their business idea, prototype and plan.
Skills and Qualifications
The majority of program participants have chosen to develop a food or fashion based business and as a result we are looking for mentors with the following skills & experience:
- Knowledge or experience in small business start-up
- Knowledge or experience in ecommerce
- General business knowledge in the areas of prototype development, marketing, sales, supply chain management, pricing and importing
- Knowledge or experience in the food and/or fashion industry within Canada (specifically Ontario).
- Experience working with newcomers and refugees
- Well established network of connections in the industry
As a mentor for the HER Startup program, you will be matched 1:1 with a program participant.
We are looking for mentors who can commit to the following:
- A minimum of 3-4 mentoring hours per month for a period of 6 months (Nov 2022 – April 2023)
- Leveraging their network to support their mentee in whatever capacity they require
- Act as an accountability partner and champion to their mentee
As a HER Startup mentor you will benefit f